Tuesday, May 24, 2011

JOPLIN, MISSOURI Tornado Disaster Relief


My heart is breaking for those who have been severely affected by the tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri yesterday. This part of the country is one of my favorite parts of our nation. I grew up going to Branson and Silver Dollar City, and our family almost moved to Joplin in the 90's. In fact, we were just in Branson for the past week, and my parents drove through Joplin on their way home to New Mexico yesterday. They missed the tornado by several hours, and I praise God that they are safe, but I ache for those who have been affected, and have lost family members, and homes.

I will be giving 40% of each sale of the printable digital file that you see at the top of this post, to Convoy of Hope for the Disaster Relief for Joplin. You can purchase it HERE or click on the photo above to purchase. This is super easy to get printed. Just upload it to your favorite photo lab, online or local, and have it printed just like you would an 8x10 photo. Choose any color for the background.

I will also be giving 20% of all other sales from my Blackberry Cottage Home Decor shop on Etsy and also from my Bear River Photo Greetings shop on Etsy to Convoy of Hope to help with Disaster Relief for Joplin. I will be doing this at LEAST through the end of the month. If you don't want the print, but want to help out, please feel free to donate on your own.

To make a donation to Convoy of Hope, please visit their website at www.ConvoyOfHope.org and click on the "Donate Now" button at the top of the page. You can find out more about what Convoy of Hope is doing in Joplin right now, by clicking HERE.

To make a donation to the Red Cross, visit www.redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC, 20013.

God bless you and keep you.

Mama Bear

No comments: